pkeyparam — public key algorithm parameter processing tool
opensslpkeyparam [-in filename] [-out filename] [-text] [-noout] [-engine id]
The pkey command processes public or private keys. They can be converted between various forms and their components printed out.
- -in filename
- This specifies the input filename to read parameters from or standard input if this option is not specified.
- -out filename
- This specifies the output filename to write parameters to or standard output if this option is not specified.
- prints out the parameters in plain text in addition to the encoded version.
- do not output the encoded version of the parameters.
- -engine id
- specifying an engine (by its unique id string) will cause pkeyparam to attempt to obtain a functional reference to the specified engine, thus initialising it if needed. The engine will then be set as the default for all available algorithms.
Print out text version of parameters:
openssl pkeyparam -in param.pem -text
There are no -inform or -outform options for this command because only PEM format is supported because the key type is determined by the PEM headers.