— eCos Support for the Standard Hardware Design on a Stratix II/2s60-RoHS Board
This package provides the hardware design HAL for the standard
hardware design running on a Stratix II/2s60-RoHS board. This
design is provided with the Altera Nios II Embedded Design Suite
in the directory
It includes the following functionality:
- A Nios II/s processor running at 100MHz. This has 4K of instruction cache and no data cache. It has level 1 jtag support only with no hardware breakpoints. The reset vector is at address 0x00000000 in external flash and the exception vector is at address 0x02100020 in on-chip IRAM.
- 16MB of external AMD flash at 0x00000000 attached via an 8-bit data bus.
- 32MB of external SDRAM at 0x04000000.
- 2MB of external SRAM at 0x01000000.
- 4K of on-chip RAM at 0x02100000.
- system clock
An Avalon timer labelled
sys_clkused to implement the main eCos system clock. This is hardwired to run at 100Hz.
- An Avalon uart connected to the external transceiver on the board. This is hardwired at 115200 baud, 8 bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, and no RTS/CTS support. This uart is used by eCos for the HAL diagnostics and debug channel.
- An interface to the external lan91c111 ethernet chip on the board. This provides network communications for RedBoot and for eCos applications using one of the available TCP/IP stacks.
- GPIO units connected to the row of LEDs, the dual seven-segment display, and the buttons. The devkit platform HAL provides some utility functions for the first two of these.
- A system id register. This is used by RedBoot to check that the current hardware design matches the RedBoot build.
- A number of other hardware units including a second Avalon timer, a jtag uart, a character LCD controller, and an EPCS serial flash controller. These are not currently used by eCos so can be accessed directly by application code.
This hardware design HAL package will be loaded automatically when
creating an eCos configuration for the
nios2_stratix2_2s60_rohs_standard target, together
with the Nios II architectural HAL and the devkit platform HAL.
It should never be necessary to load this package explicitly.
Unloading the package should only happen as a side effect of switching
target hardware. The package does not contain any user configuration
For typical eCos usage the memory map is as follows:
|0x00000000||16MB of flash|
|0x00000000||128K for RedBoot code|
|0x00800000||current hardware design|
|0x00c00000||factory hardware design|
|0x00FF0000||RedBoot fis and fconfig data|
|0x01000000||2MB of SRAM|
|0x02100000||4K of on-chip IRAM|
|0x04000000||32MB of SDRAM|
|0x04000000||64K for RedBoot data|
|0x04010000||application code and data|
|2023-04-25||eCosPro Non-Commercial Public License|