Atmel MCAN — CAN Driver
This driver supports the CAN devices available in some variants of Atmel's SAMX70 microprocessor families.
In addition to standard CAN messages, this device is capable of handling CAN-FD messages.
At present the hardware filter is not used and only software filtering is applied.
All standard baud rates are supported. However, the accuracy of baud rates that can be supported at any particular MCLK frequency depend on the resolution of the baud rate divisor.
At present autobaud is not supported.
For each channel X supported the CDL script provides the following configuration options:
- cdl_interface CYGINT_DEVS_CAN_CHANNELX
- This determines whether the given channel is available on the board. It is usually implemented by the platform HAL.
- cdl_component CYGPKG_DEVS_CAN_CHANNELX
- This defines whether the channel is active. It will default to active for all channels whose corresponding interface is implemented, but may be disabled by the user.
- cdl_option CYGPKG_DEVS_CAN_CHANNELX_NAME
- This defines the name of the channel.
- cdl_option CYGPKG_DEVS_CAN_CHANNELX_BITRATE
- This defines the default bitrate at which the channel will start.
- cdl_option CYGPKG_DEVS_CAN_CHANNELX_BITRATE_FD
- This defines the default fast data bitrate at which the channel will start.
- cdl_option CYGPKG_DEVS_CAN_CHANNELX_RX_FIFO_SIZE
- This defines the number of receive buffers in RX FIFO 0. Only FIFO 0 is currently used.
- cdl_option CYGPKG_DEVS_CAN_CHANNELX_TX_BUF_COUNT
- This defines the number of transmit buffers and the number of entries in the transmit event FIFO.
- cdl_option CYGPKG_DEVS_CAN_CHANNELX_
- cdl_option CYGPKG_DEVS_CAN_CHANNELX_EXT
- If set this option configures this channel to receive extended, 29 bit, identifiers as well as standard, 11 bit, identifiers. Otherwise it receives only 11 bit identifiers. The default is to receive both message types.
At present there is support for up to two channels.
|2021-04-29||Open Publication License|