eCos Support for the NXP LPC2xxx ARM microcontrollers — Overview
The NXP LPC2xxx series of ARM microcontrollers is supported by eCos with an eCos processor variant HAL and a number of device drivers supporting some of the on-chip peripherals. These include device drivers for the on-chip serial, watchdog, RTC (wallclock) and Flash devices. In addition it provides common functionality and definitions that LPC2xxx based platform ports may require, as well as definitions useful to application developers.
This documentation covers the LPC2xxx functionality provided but should be read in conjunction with the specific HAL documentation for the platform port. That documentation will cover issues that are platform-specific and are not covered here, and may also describe differences that override or supersede what the LPC2xxx variant HAL provides. The areas that are specific to platform HALs and not the LPC2xxx variant HAL include:
- memory map and related configuration and setup
- memory remapping
- External Memory Controller (EMC) and Memory Accelerator Module (MAM) setup (if applicable)
- Definitions of clock (OSC) inputs to PLL
- PLL setup
- PINSEL and GPIO setup
- Any special handling for external interrupts, or additional interrupts
- Diagnostic I/O baud rates
- Additional diagnostic I/O devices, if any
- LED control
This variant HAL provides helper macros and defines for some of these, but their use or otherwise is governed by the platform HAL.
|2023-01-12||eCosPro Non-Commercial Public License|